Third Annual Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival
Welcome to the 2012 Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival. Thank you for supporting Celtic culture in Wichita. We will do our very best to provide you the type of customer service that you deserve, it is our goal to make the WHG & CF the best possible experience for you that we possibly can. We hope you will choose to join us. Many exciting events are planned for our second year including our re-creation of the Battle of Bannockburn. Festival hours are 10 AM to 6 PM on Saturday and Sunday
Following are the Vendor Rules for the 2013 Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival:
- The deadline for vendor applications (without a late fee) is August 1st, 2013. There is a $25.00 late fee for applications post marked after August 1st, 2013, provided space is available. Get yours in early for the best chance to be part of WHG & CF.
- You may set up anytime between 7 AM and 8 PM on Friday, August 9th, and again on Saturday August 10th starting at 7 AM. No setup of vendors will be allowed after 8:30 AM on Saturday August 10th. All vehicles must be off the festival grounds be 8:30 AM both Saturday and Sunday, and parked in the designated vendor parking area. Failure to comply will result in expulsion with no refund. Tear down will be allowed after the Festival closes at 4:00 PM on Sunday. Vehicles will be allowed on site, as soon as possible, after the last huzzah at the front gate is over, and patrons have left this area. Each vendor will be responsible for the cleanup of their own assigned space.
- Vendor spaces must be manned and open for business at all times during the festival hours. There are no rain dates and no refund will be granted in the event of inclement weather.
- You will get two passes for every 15×15 space for your booth workers. Additional passes will costs $3.00 each. If you have more help coming in after the gate opens, and need additional passes, please contact us.
- We do not have electrical outlets for vendor use.
- Please fill in a complete list of wares even if you have been a past vendor.
- THIS IS A JURIED SHOW. Vendors will be selected based upon quality, appropriateness, uniqueness, and presentation. It doesn’t hurt to get your application in early either. The jury process will begin on July 1st and acceptance letters will be mailed out as soon as possible. You may be asked to limit or eliminate certain wares in order to be accepted. If you are not accepted we will mail you a refund check and the reason for denial. If your application is rejected, you may resubmit. All decisions of our vendor committee are final. If you have any questions regarding this rule, please ask.
- All vendors are required to obey the rules of Sedgwick County Park as well as the State of Kansas. Kansas Law requires you must be 18 or older to purchase weapons.
- No weapon sales to minors, PERIOD. Violation of this rule will lead to expulsion from the festival, surrender of merchant fees and banishment from all future Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festivals as well as possible legal actions. All weapons must be sheathed or boxed and peace tied at all times. No firearm sales will be allowed on site.
- No drug paraphernalia shall be sold or kept by vendors on site. Controlled substances are strictly forbidden per State and County Laws. Please help us adhere to the law. Vendors in violation of this rule will be shut down and removed from the festival grounds, as well as possible legal actions. No refunds will be given.
- Vendors or performers will not consume alcoholic beverages during festival hours.
- Beverages will not be allowed for sale by any vendor. We will shut down any vendor violating this rule. No refunds will be granted, no exceptions.
- All federal, state, and local laws governing retail sales tax must be followed. You must understand the rules and regulations and comply. All vendors are responsible for their own taxes, licenses, and permits. (Sales tax is currently 7.3%) Sales are strictly between the vendor and patron only.
- Merchants may stay overnight in their tents. We do not currently have a separate camping area available. Be courteous to your neighbors. Site is primitive with no showers available. No fires will be permitted.
- We will have limited security overnight on Friday before the faire. Safeguard your wares accordingly. Leaving wares unattended overnight is at your own risk.
- Management must approve all literature, flyers, printed material, and/or handouts before distribution on festival grounds. Submissions must be made no later than August 1st, 2013.
- Do not cut or damage perimeter fence. You will be held liable for damages.
- Vendors will be pre-assigned spaces. We will do our best to make sure everyone has a good spot. Please cooperate with our staff. All decisions of the merchant coordinator will be final.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call (316) 253-3392. No phone calls after 10 PM CST, please. We do our best to accommodate any special requests. Please include these on the “comments” part of the application. Thank you.
I have read, understood and will abide by the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival Vendor Rules
By hitting Submit you agree to all terms and conditions. You will be automatically taken to Step Two (Space Selection) of the application process.
Payment By Mail:
We also accept payment via mail in the form of check, money order, or cashier’s check. Locations are not final until payment has been made. All mailed payments must be sent to:
Black Galley Productions
Attn: Richard Cathey
212 N Dellrose
Wichita, KS 67208
Make all checks payable to Black Galley Productions
The Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to any vendor and or persons for any reason. By submitting this application you are agreeing to abide by the vendor rules established for the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival.
I certify that by sending this form I am either owner, authorized agent, or responsible party doing business as the name on this form shall indemnify, hold free and harmless, assume liability for and defend the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival, Black Galley Productions, Richard Cathey, their affiliates, agents, servants, employees, volunteers, officers and directors from any and all costs and expenses including but not limited to attorney’s fees, reasonable investigative and discovery costs, court costs and all other sums which the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival, Black Galley Productions, Richard Cathey, their affiliates, agents, servants, employees, volunteers, officers and directors may pay or become obligated to pay on account of any, all and every demand for claim or assertion of liability, or any claim or action founded thereon, arising or alleged to have out of participation/attendance or selling of wares, during the
Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival sponsored by Black Galley Productions, Richard Cathey, their affiliates, agents, servants, employees, volunteers, officers and directors or by any act of omission by the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival, Black Galley Productions, Richard Cathey, their affiliates, agents, servants, employees, volunteers, officers and directors.