- Gaelic Name: Mac-an-tòisich
- Origin: Gaelic ‘Toiseach’ – leader, chief or captain. According to clan historians, the first chief of the clan was Seathach, second son of Donnchadh Mac Duibh, Earl of Fife, Royal house of Dál Riada. The name therefore has been thought to mean ‘son of the chief’.
- Crest: A cat-a-mountain salient guardant Proper
- Mottos: Touch Not The Cat Bot A Glove (“Touch not the cat without a glove”) & Loch Moigh – Rallying Cry
The motto means to not touch the Mackingtoshes unless you have very good protection. (The wild cat on the crest is symbolises power.)
- Arms: The Arms in the hoist and of two tracts Or and Gules, upon which is depicted the Crest in the first compartment, and a sprig of red whortleberry in the second and third compartments, along with the Slughorn ‘Loch Moigh’ in letters Or upon two transverse bands Azur.
- Reputation: One of the most psychic-inclined lineages.
Years Attended: 2011
More Images:[nggtags gallery=mackintosh]