Thanks for taking interest in the Piping Competition for the 2011 Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival!
This is step one of the entry – read the rules, and fill out the form that appears below. When you hit Submit, it will take you to step two of the application process automatically.
- The Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival disclaims any and all liability for injury to persons or property related to the event. Participants agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Wichita Highland Games Celtic Festival, its officers, agents, and sponsors, harmless from all such liability. Heirs and executors waive and release any all right and claims for damages against the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival, agents or representatives for any injuries or loss which may be suffered by attending, participating, or traveling to or from the Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival.
- WHG & CF officials shall have the power to rule on all protests and complaints relating to the competitions of the day. All protests should be made in writing and lodged with an WHG & CF official within 7 days, along with a $10 fee. This fee shall be refunded if the complaint is withheld.
- Entry fee(s) must accompany entry form and be paid in U.S. funds. Trios must also send their complete competition roster.
- All advance entries must be postmarked no later than the last day of April of this calendar year. Late entries will be accepted on a space available basis only.
- Gate passes will be distributed for competing members only. Soloists who are not members of a competing trio will receive their gate passes with their confirmation of playing times.
- Proper Highland attire is mandatory for all trio and solo performances
- A soloist more than 5 minutes late may be disqualified and not “worked in” later, at the discretion of the judges.
- Soloists may play in only one grade. Decision of the judges are final in this regard.
- If gate passes are lost or left behind, the band or soloist will be responsible for paying gate admission.
- Competition times will be based on the order of registration, the earlier you register the later you will get to play.
- The Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival reserves the right to change these rules as required.
Pressing submit will take you to the next step in the entry process.